Florida law requires that all motorized vessels be titled and registered. The following documents are needed:
Proof of ownership:
- For new boats, a notarized Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin completed by the selling dealer.
- For used boats, the title and the current registration.
Registration And Application Fees
- Title application fees vary. There is a fee to record a lien.
- Sales tax may be applicable. If the transaction is tax exempt, an exemption form is required.
- Annual boat registration fees are determined by the length of the vessel.