The Tax Collectors office values our relationship with our local dealers, and as such, we will provide the most effective and efficient service possible. In order to continue to provide the service that you are accustomed to, we have created a Dealer Services Department that will be focused on completing the work dropped off at our offices. Due to the increased demand for dealer related services, the Tax Collectors office is making some changes to the way we process tag and title work that is dropped off by auto dealers and/or their representatives.
The following changes are effective May 8, 2017:
- Front counter processing time: The time window for dealers to have their transactions processed over the counter will be Monday thru Friday, from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm. We will not process dealer work after 4:00 pm. No Dealer Work will be processed on Saturdays due to limited staffing. All work presented at the front counter must be completed in full and ready for processing.
- Dealer transaction limits: The number of dealer transactions processed over the counter will be three (3) per dealer, per day. This limit includes all of our offices. Processing three (3) transactions at one office and processing more transactions at another office in the same day will not be permitted.
- Turnaround time: The turnaround time will be changed from next day (close of business) to close of business on the second day. (Ex. If dropped off at 9:00am on Monday, it will be available by the close of business on Wednesday). This excludes days that our office is closed. Please remember that the turnaround time is something that we diligently strive for, but it is not a guarantee. Certain factors that are out of our control can delay processing.
- Incorrect work: Work that is dropped off that has errors or omissions will be returned. We will not make changes or corrections to work that is dropped off for processing. Please ensure that all your work is correct and ready for processing.
- Contact: You may contact the Dealer Services Department by calling our office at (727) 847-8165, (352) 521-4360, or (813) 235-6020 or by email at email@example.com